If you thought cranberries were only great when you mix its juice with vodka or as a tasty Thanksgiving sauce, think again! They might be delicious in your culinary creations, but cranberries are also key to glowing skin from within. Cranberries are packed with antioxidants, anti-inflammatory agents, and high amounts of vitamin C. They have also been proven to combat acne, hydrate dull skin, and provide anti-aging benefits. As winter approaches in Santa Barbara, and the changing temps change our skin care routine, consider all the benefits cranberries provide to create a healthy and vibrant glow.
Here is why cranberries need to be added to your skincare today…
- Fight acne
- Cranberries are a natural source of flavonoids that have healing properties that reduce pores, decrease sebum, and combat blemishes. If you struggle with acne scars or hyperpigmentation, cranberries are high in Vitamin C and B Vitamins which aid in fading dark marks and scars.
- Boost firm and youthful skin
- Cranberries are packed with Vitamin C, which is a vital component of boosting the protein collagen. Collagen is crucial in fighting anti-anting by promoting an increase of elasticity in the skin. This elasticity minimizes signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles, and dull skin by keeping the skin firm, supple, and glowy.
- Hydrate and combat dull skin
- If used topically, cranberries can provide the skin with intense hydration. Cranberries are filled with fatty acids that help keep the skin’s moisture barrier intact, and in turn, prevent damage from external toxins.
If you are looking to feel refreshed and rejuvenated, drink a glass of cranberry juice, book a Vitamin-C facial at Cielo Spa, and take an extra heap of cranberry sauce this Thanksgiving!